A Tour of Tasmanian Lavender, Strawberries, Seafood & Fairy Penguins
We are introducing this special tour especially for those that want to see, taste and smell some of the things that has put Tasmania on the world map for quality, purity and taste. This tour runs on a Monday, Friday and Sunday during the months of November and December to coincide with the flowering period for Lavender.
Why this tour format and why only in the afternoon?
For some years now I have experienced an influx of visitors from China and South East Asian countries and have found that the places that you want to visit and the things you want to do are not available on the normal day tours.
Having many friends from Asian Countries and also speaking a little Chinese myself I was able to ask what was it they liked to do most whilst in this area of Tasmania? The result of this little spot of informal research was this tour that extends in the late evening to include penguin viewing that can only be seen just before dark.
Where does your tour go and what can we do?
- Pick your own Strawberries (and other in season fruit) at Hillwood Berry Farm
- Check out the beautiful sweet-smelling Lavender fields at Bridestowe Estate (There is also Bobby the Bear heat packs not to mention the delicious home-made ice cream as well)
- Check out the fresh sea food including scallops and oysters at the small town of Bridport (not to mention some fine beaches) and is a great place for an impromptu barbeque or why not dine at one of the seafood restaurants accompanied by some Tasmanian fine wine from one of the many vineyards in this area.
The lighthouse, historic pilot station, and Fairy Penguins for you to see just after dark at Low Head near Georgetown. You will have time for a stroll on one of the fine sandy beaches prior to dark and we will supply hot drinks and tasty snacks to keep you going until the Penguin Tour begins.
You will sleep soundly tonight having satisfied all of your senses and if you have a few aching muscles then your new companion Bobby the heat pack bear can ease away the pain as you sit back in your comfortable chair on your late evening return to Launceston.
Special Features of this tour.
- For our Chinese speaking friends the tour will be fully translated.
- See the little Penguins as they walk right past your feet.
- All guests will receive a free unique Tasmanian souvenir.
- Tour duration, almost 10 hours.
- Free pick-up and drop off at your accommodation.
- Free on board snacks and hot or cold water.
- Air Conditioned Bus.
What’s included in the cost:
- Entrance fee to Bridestowe Lavender Farm.
- Entrance fee to Low Head Penguin Tour
- An experienced and very friendly guide
- On board snacks and hot and cold water
- A small unique Tasmanian souvenir
What is not included:
- Cost of fruit you pick at Hillwood Strawberry Farm
- Any other food or drink you buy (other than what we provide)
- Your seafood meal or any other meal at Bridport.
Departure Days: Friday & Sunday (During November & December ONLY)
Departure Time from Launceston: We commence picking up guests at 1.00pm (departing Launceston at 1.30pm)
Return time to Launceston:
This is will be very late evening as the penguin tour cannot commence until just prior to darkness, in early November you can expect to be back by approximately 10.30pm. In December it will be after 11pm.
COST: $150.00 each (Under 16 $99.00)
Note: This tour is not suitable for children under 10.