WELCOME TO TASMANIA FOR COVID RELIEF!
At the present time we are accepting bookings going forward, however, due to an ever-changing situation with both the Tasmanian border and other State borders we suggest you call us (or send an email) about the current situation. As at the time of writing the Tasmanian and Australian border is closed (except for returning residents) until further notice, this can change at any time. If you are coming from a mainland State then the Tasmanian border will not open until approximately 1st September to residents of some mainland States. If you are already in Tasmania our service is still operating, but with COVID safety precautions. If you are considering travel to Tasmania in the future months and wish to book then please note our new cancellation conditions.
Special COVID-19 Cancellation Conditions:
Please be aware that if your travel or our ability to provide transport or tour was to be curtailed by a reason directly related to the Corona Virus that we will make full refunds or change your dates at no cost to you providing, if you cancel, we are sent documentary proof * of the reason for non-travel. If we must cancel (which would only happen as the result of a Tasmanian government directive) we will also provide a full refund. Coming to Tasmania is a big financial commitment and unfortunately most travel insurance will not cover corona virus related travel issues. *Acceptable proof would me a medical practitioner or official document from a government department.
PAUL GRIGG August 4th 2020.
Our Safety Policies
This is our policy regarding the transport of passengers in relation to safety due to Corona Virus. Our policy has been devised to protect everyone as far as we are able to do on a small bus. It will take effect immediately and stay in force until further notice.
When you make a booking with us you will be asked sign a written assurance that you have not had any contact, as far as you are aware, with anyone that either has the virus, is self-isolating pending results of a test or just arrived from overseas. If you have already had the virus, that you have a document that states you are now clear of the virus. Each member of your group will need to provide their full name, a contact phone number, and their address. In order that we can provide appropriate seating, names of those members of your group that normally live under the same roof. These members of your group can be seated next to each other as they do not pose any risk to each other.
Seating Capacity of our Buses
Prior to the virus our bus maximum capacity was 13 passengers. It is impossible to provide 1.5m spacing between you and another person on our bus once we have more than four passengers, however, to provide some social distancing, the following rules will apply:
If you are travelling with someone you live with (same household) then you will still be able to sit together with no social distancing. This might just be two of you or a family. If you are an individual traveling with us, then you will either sit on a single seat or on a double seat without another
The result of this is that our normal maximum capacity will not apply, however, we should be able to carry up to a maximum of 10 depending if some passengers normally live in same household.
Other measures we are taking:
- All passengers will need to apply hand sanitizer on entering our bus – we will provide this.
- All passengers (and the driver) will be required to wear a face mask but only need be of the sneeze guard type. This is to benefit all travellers on the bus as if anyone in the confines of a small bus coughs or sneezes it affects all.
- No consumption of food or drink will be permitted on the bus.
- We will not travel more than one hour without stopping to allow all passengers to get off into fresh air, even though the stop might be for only 5 minutes.
- The air conditioning will always be fresh air entry, we will not use recirculated air.
- Payment options will be in advance by credit card or direct credit (credit cards attract a surcharge) or if taking up our “cash prices” will be by eftpos using your debit card. The driver will carry an eftpos machine.
- All passengers will have their temperature scanned prior to entering our bus.
- If you have any visible or audible signs of having a cold on the day of travel, we will not carry you and will be given a full refund of your fare.
- At the end of any journey, prior to picking up another group our bus will be thoroughly sanitised.